The name Toke Makinwa is no new thing to those conversant with the radios and social media platforms. She is no doubt a big cake in the entertainment industry. However, if you think you know a reasonable amount of details of the life of this celebrity, I could tell you that there’s more to her personality than you think you know. There are a few facts we would be bring to your knowledge about the well recognized star.
1) Toke Makinwa was born the 3rd day of the month of November in the year 1984 in Lagos State. She’s 34years old, and by the virtue of her birth date, she’s a Scorpio, one of the most powerful zodiac signs.
2) Unfortunately, Toke Makinwa is an orphan. She lost her parents in their home at Abuja to a fire accident when she was only eight years young. Although she has two sisters.
3) After completing her secondary school education in Federal Government College, Ogbomosho, she proceeded to the University of Lagos to bag a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.
4) She is an all round media practitioner, from TV shows to radio interviews and even books. Well known as the co-host of one of Nigeria’s radio morning show, The Morning Drive, on Rhythm 93.7Fm. As at now, she’s a presenter on Ebony Life’s Moment With MO. As a YouTube blogger, TokeMoments, she hopes to make her acting debut very soon. So, you can see that she’s truly into what she does for a living. And in case you’ve forgotten, she hosted the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria [MBGN] beauty pageant in 2010.
5) She prefers to be called Toks. And from most of her Instagram posts, one would discover that she loves selfies (could be given an award for that).
6) You might have a problem with this. But the truth is that Toke Makinwa bleached her skin. However, do not be too quick to judge her. She did it to live up to the demanding standards of her ex-husband. Too bad, she did this.
7) Her first marriage lasted only a year!! I was surprised when I saw this, but the reasons are justifiable. He, her ex-husband, was reported to have impregnated his former girlfriend. Although the divorce process has not ended, we can say they are only held together by law, and that’s all.
8) She has also done well to secure a lot of endorsement deals with big companies and organizations in the country. Some of which are, United Africa Company [UAC], Nestle (she signed this to work as an ambassador for Maggi), and also became the first female ambassador for Ciroc in Africa.
9) She’s a lover of God. Toke Makinwa loves the Lord. She’s one of those Nigerian celebrities that has, regardless of their fame and wealth, successfully combined lifestyle and fashion with love for God.
10) Her book, On Becoming, was a major hit. It tells the story of her struggles in life, after losing her parents in a house fire, and of course the short-lived relationship between herself and Maje Ayida, her estranged husband.